Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gorgeous Mermaids

This was the first year that I didn't have a costume plan. Instead, I took the girls to a store and said go ahead and pick whatever you want (although I admit I did try to steer them toward a super cute little red riding hood costume). They spotted the Merliah (a mermaid from a Barbie movie) costume right off the bat and there was no other option for them in their minds, especially when I agreed to pink hair dye to get the real Merliah look!  (It was too hard to not give in after laughing so much at them asking if they could get their hair "dived.")

Here's their conversation as they were getting ready:
Emma Lee: "Kerri! You look gorgeous!
Kerri: "Gorgeouser than you??"
Emma Lee: "Welll, not that gorgeous."

Of course, Mommy had to make the decision that they both had the same amount of gorgeousness. Don't you agree?




And . . . just in case you're wondering . . . here are their answers to "What's your favorite candy?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, "Whoppas" is officially the cutest word I've ever heard Kerri say. And I love how Emma Lee knows that candy goes with a date night!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the above comment was me (Anna)

The Johnson Scoop said...

I know! I've listened to that part of the video over and over just to hear her say "whoppas." I'm going to be so sad when she stops talking so cute! :)

Penelope said...

Those mermaids are GORGEOUS!!!!
You MUST enter them in our costume contest!!
http://foster2forever.blogspot.com