Saturday, April 9, 2011

Adoption Update

I've been putting this post off for quite a while, despite the many requests and questions about how things are going. It's hard to get excited about writing about waiting, waiting, and more waiting, which is what we're still doing. I heard from our program coordinator yesterday, and the MOJ is slowly (but surely?) plodding away. They're meeting, on average, about three times a month.

We do have some things to work on at the moment. It's time for us to begin working on our CIS I800A  renewal. We need to update our home study before we can file for an extension, so we're in the process of finding a local home study agency and getting that done. Also, at the end of the summer, we'll have to complete our yearly declaration for Bulgaria to let them know that we still want to adopt. Welcome back, paperwork.

That's the specifics. The real update is on what I'm learning through this journey. This whole process has definitely strengthened my faith and my relationship with God more than any other experience in my life. Recently, I was reading through Habakkuk (obscure place I know, but I'm going through this awesome study right now) and some things really jumped out at me. Here's what Priscilla Shirer writes about it:

We don't know how long Habakkuk had been calling out to God, but when it appeared that He was not answering, Habakkuk pointed an accusatory finger at God (read his prayer in Hab. 1:2-4). Habakkuk became increasingly discouraged and started to lose confidence that the Lord would answer him. God finally spoke up and answered the prophet in verse 5 - "Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days - you would not believe if you were told." With these words, God gave Habakkuk a spiritual vision. The prophet received encouragement to look around and observe. While Habakkuk waited on God to answer, God was already answering! . . . Even though the prophet wasn't seeing God respond in the way and timing he expected, God was speaking and moving. He always is - even in His silence.
 Wow, how nice of her to write this whole book just for me! She continues to point out:
Habakkuk's second prayer is completely different from his first. After seeing his circumstances through new eyes, his level of anticipation increased.
Along with this, I'm making David's prayer my own: "In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." Psalm 5:3

There's my challenge, and I'm assuming that it just might be yours too! Aren't we all "waiting" (read complaining) about God not doing things according to our plans and timing far too often?

0 comments: