Monday, April 11, 2011

Accomplished Swallower

I don't know what age is "normal" for kids to be able to swallow pills. I just know that for me, it has always been a struggle. I couldn't do it until I was 18, and even now they can't be too big. For Emma Lee, it just so happens that she is able to do it at age 6 (and almost a half as she will quickly let you know!) She's been having a lot of allergy problems, so we're going to see if this helps her - at least until everything stops blooming around here!

Andy coached her through it first, and then we caught her first attempts (and success) on video. I guess her swallowing her tooth wasn't too much of a fluke after all!

Accomplished Swallower from Michaella Johnson on Vimeo.

(Mommy's happy because it seems like such a great accomplishment. Daddy's happy because you can get 40 pills to swallow for the same price as 12 pills that dissolve!)

3 comments:

Jeanne D said...

Love it! Leah was also a quick study. She saw me crushing a pill into apple sauce, and I accidentally told her she was too young to swallow it (she was 5). She felt very insulted and popped that thing right in to prove me wrong. Good thing, too, because now she takes at least 5 pills a day.

Indolisa said...

I love that you filmed that. She has such a cute smile on her face!

Anonymous said...

So many cute things in this video! Kerri in the background encouraging, Emma Lee's face, Andy coaching. Love it --Anna