Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012 Photo Challenge: February

It was past bedtime last night when I realized I didn't have a picture yet for this month for my photo challenge. We had just spent the evening with us all piled on our bed reading books and playing games. I finally put off the laziness, set up the camera, and got a couple shots. The perfectionist in me doesn't want to keep it - or at least doesn't want to publicly share it. The settings were wrong; the quality is poor, but in a way, I think that's part of this challenge for me. I always try to wait to set up a "perfect" (or at least close to it) family shot, but if I wait until we're all in the right mood, everyone is dressed in cute clothes with hair fixed, with proper lighting, etc. the result is what I have from the last 7 years: very few family photos. I think in the years down the road, this picture will be precious to me not because it was expertly composed or had the perfect lighting but because it captured a family moment. It is us - all together - in one of our favorite spots with two little girls who are growing up way too quickly.

0 comments: