Monday, May 24, 2010

Fundraiser Sucess

We had our yard sale adoption fundraiser on Sat. I really had no idea how much work is involved in a yard sale, especially one that is not taking place at your own house. Fortunately, we have a pretty amazing lady as a friend who helped . . . a lot!! You're awesome, Casey Taylor! It was so cloudy and we felt a few drops of rain occasionally, but thankfully the rain held off! I'm sure that had something to do with all the praying going on!

One thing for sure, you can meet some interesting people at a yard sale. We met quite a few who gave us some laughs after the fact. We also met a few really sweet people. One lady bargained me down $5 for her items. As I was bagging her purchases, I explained that we were doing this as an adoption fundraiser. About 30 min. later, she came back and explained that she hadn't known the reason for the sale and felt bad for talking down the price and handed me $15.

We made just about a thousand dollars to split with the Hambricks, so I'm definitely thinking that it was worth all that work! Thanks to everyone who donated items for our sale. We ended up having a HUGE amount of stuff! I'm also pretty sure that we owe Jenn and Jeremiah big time as we had to leave early and left them a couple hours before the sale ended. Thankfully, they're good friends and will (hopefully) still talk to us after that. :)   







0 comments: