Wednesday, June 17, 2009

VBS

Vacation Bible School has got to be any kid's favorite week at church. I know as a kid it was always a time we looked forward to and loved every year - late nights, music, games, crafts, fun, sugary snacks, - what's not to love? Our church, Grey Stone, really goes all the way to make sure that it is an awesome week! The decorations are incredible and every room is transformed to match the theme - this year's is Son Rock Kid's Camp. To give you an idea, our sanctuary is full of boulders, a waterfall, and a zipline! Also, I love the fact that we have dinner at church every night before VBS starts. Although, I'm pretty sure that my girls have not had any vegetables this week (unless you count ketchup!), it is definitely a big help to mommy - and hey - it's only 1 week! :)






The girls are having a blast and my mornings and afternoons are bombarded by questions stemming from their full nights.




Is it time to go to VBS? (or VVS, depending on who's asking!)
-No, it's tonight.

Oh, is it tonight yet?
:)

How many more days of VBS?
(they are so worried it's going to be over)

What's that girl's name with the hair braids?
-Zipline Zoe

Yeah, can I have hair braids like her?

Who's that walking on the water? Who's that walking on the sea?
(one of their songs, normally sung at the top of their lungs)

What message is the eagle going to bring down tonight?

What's going to happen to the kids in the movie?

What's that girl's name with the hair braids again?

These questions are repeated and repeated and repeated and - you get the idea :)

I did get one question today that I was really happy to answer -

Is God really our Father?

Well, there you go, they actually learn important stuff this week too!! :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I'm getting a lot of questions too! It has been a fun week!

p.s. way to go on the blogs lately!

Unknown said...

So sweet!

BarbaraZ said...

I love the quotes from the girls. After VBS at our church last week, new SS with Mrs.Donna, and VBS at his preschool this week....Dean has been going to church a lot! When he left tonight he was taking a new expensive Bible he was just given by his teachers for graduating from pre-k. I was worried he'd lose it the first week he owned it and said, "Why are you taking your Bible to church?" (Stupid question I know) He told me..."We learn about Jesus, you know." My fear of him loosing the Bible was set at ease with his smile and proud hold he had on it.