Thursday, June 4, 2009

Second Childhood

Well, I originally sat down to do this post, but somehow I went off on a little tangent with the previous post. :) Not only is having kids great for the previously mentioned reasons, but another thing I love is the fact that I get to be a kid again! You know what? I think that I have even more fun playing with the toys I loved as a kid with my girls now than I actually had playing with them when I was a kid! Two of my favorites that the girls and I have enjoyed are the Lite Brites (I admits - with this I'm usually trying to get the girls to stay and work on theirs so mommy can finish hers!) and Barbies (yes, yes, I know-but I loved them and they love them!).

BUT my all time favorite thing as a kid was the EASY BAKE OVEN! I don't know how many years I spent baking and creating tea party's or just making a Sunday afternoon snack with my easy bake oven! Well, the girls just received one (thanks, Casey!!!), and we decided to try it out! Trust me! I tried REALLY hard and let the girls do it pretty much on their own - no taking over from mommy! :) The great thing is that now, instead of buying the $5 mixes, the internet is FULL of recipes you can use in your easy bake oven with ingredients from your own kitchen. Which, is even better, b/c it is more like "real" cooking (and I'll be much more inclined to pull it out if I'm not spending an arm and a leg for mixes!). So, I gave the girls their choice of anything they wanted to make, and we got busy! Kerri chose chocolate chip cookies (which turned out really, really yummy!), and Emma Lee made a pink cake with purple icing (which turned out not so yummy but looked cute!) Here are the pics! (I know! I went a little overboard, but I had to do something so I wouldn't take over in the cooking department!)





2 comments:

I am the mom said...

I'm with you Michaella! I've wanted to buy our kids a Lite Brite for at least two Christmases now! And I just received three books that I ordered from Ebay because I read them as a kid. Good thing they were cheap!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Hehe...yes, I love "doing" all the fun kid things again too! My favorite moments are when I find a book at the library that I read as a kid. I get so excited about that =)

Your girls look like they had a blast!