Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11-11

It's a little weird to post my monthly challenge picture today, for obvious reasons. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years. Until today, I hadn't really stopped to think about the fact that my girls have no idea about 9/11. I was debating over talking to them about it, but as important as it is for them to know, I think I'll wait just a little longer. You can't get childish innocence back; today, it belongs to them. Instead, I just held them a little closer, cuddled with them a little longer, and said a prayer for those who lost their loved ones ten years ago.

1 comments:

Jeanne Dellinger said...

That is weird. Alli was 7, but she remembers it. Of course, she saw VERY little of the coverage (we didn't have TV then, except for videos). Leah was born the next month, October 9, '01. It's ancient history to them.