Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Training Them Up

When I was younger, I was the perfect big sister. Really! Ask any of my siblings. Take for example, the second born in our family, Anna. She will tell you I was her best friend, her role model, her confidant...okay, well she might also throw tormentor in there...maybe I wasn't so perfect after all. My sister frightens super easily, and without fail she offers a big reaction to anyone who would happen to take advantage of it. I don't know how many times I scared her growing up, and it didn't stop there. I remember going to great lengths to get in a couple good ones during our time together in college too.

Anyway, lately the girls have spent our dinnertime together begging Andy and I for stories from our childhood. I'll admit, several of my "scaring Anna" stories have surfaced during these times. Well, we just spent all of last week with Anna, and the girls (it was really all their own idea, I promise!) thought it would be great for them to continue the legacy and scare Aunt Anna. For days, they would come up to me whispering and planning what they could do. I even gave Anna fair warning and explained the situation (see - I am a great sister!). We finally came up with a plan. The girls hid in a large cabinet in one of the bathrooms at my parent's house. I was on my way to shower upstairs and called out to Anna to go get me a towel out of that cabinet. It worked! She screamed, they laughed, and here's another fair warning, they're planning for round two! Like mother, like daughter, huh?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hhmmm, I wouldn't say "perfect"....lol! Thanks for the warning!! However, may I just point out that I have NEVER fainted! So, I still win!-anna

The Johnson Scoop said...

i don't think you really want to turn it into a serious competition.... ;)