Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Latest Adoption Update

I haven't done an adoption update in a while, so here you go. I was anticipating December to be my month of good news about our wait time. We had heard that Bulgaria was supposed to be working on an updated waiting list. I was sure hoping that would mean we wouldn't have to wait as long as we were thinking. Well, no such luck. Apparently, they are working "hard" (comparatively speaking!), and are now caught up to 2009 dossiers. They hope to get through 2009 referrals this year, and if they are still on track, get through the 2010 dossiers in 2012-13. We filed our dossier with them in August of 2010, so the earliest referral we're hoping to receive will be sometime toward the end of 2012. I'm trying hard not to be discouraged. I'm meditating on the story of God promising Abraham a child from Sarah and how long it took for that promise to be fulfilled. At this point, it seems like it's something so far off and distant that it will never actually happen. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to look back on this all and laugh about how perfect God's timing was and how little I knew!

2 comments:

Steph VG said...

Michaella, I'm so sorry your timeframe has been delayed way beyond what you thought. Nothing is wasted in God's economy, and so I'm sure He's ordained this for some purpose yet to be revealed. I know you won't waste it, either, but keep on serving Him as you already have been. Praying for grace as you choose patience during this wait, trusting that He will bless your family exceedingly abundantly in His perfect time.

Anonymous said...

try to stay positive i'm sure God has a reason for it!