Thursday, August 26, 2010

YouTube Without You

Emma Lee and Kerri love to get on our computer. They like watching silly movies and playing online games. They are familiar enough now with the computer that they can do a lot without my help. It's a great way to occupy them when I need them to settle down a little bit (or stay out from under me while I'm trying to cook dinner). However, I can't just let them loose on youtube, who knows what they'd end up watching??

Well, Andy found this great program called Kido'z. You download it (it's free), and the kids can explore kid appropriate things within sites without being able to get to anything else. You, as the parent, still have ultimate control though, and if you don't like something they allow, you can block it and it won't show up again. The kids can also mark their favorites videos or games. You know, so they can come back to it again and again and again and again . . . Want to see what I hear every time they get on the computer? Go ahead . . . watch it . . . you know you want to  . . . and I promise you won't be singing it as you are trying to go to sleep tonight! ;)




Sorry, maybe that last part wasn't exactly the truth - but you know you laughed :)

0 comments: