Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Discovery

Can you tell what this is?

We discovered a nest built in the funniest place around our house. The girls have been keeping an eye on it ever since they discovered that it had little eggs in it. The eggs hatched sometime last week, and we discovered these sleepy little babies.

  The camera woke them up, and they wanted food!

Seeing these little baby birds brought back some memories of my childhood. I hand raised some baby mockingbirds after their nest was knocked out of the tree from my mischievous (not exactly what I called them at the time!) brothers.

Did you know that baby birds need to eat every 15 min. from sunrise to sunset? Whew! 
I'm doing my best to keep the girls from getting too close, so I don't have to relive that part! : )
 

Get you tell yet where their nest is? 


 Guess it will be a while before we use our hose!

0 comments: