Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Where We Are

I think I'm long over due for an adoption update. We've been working hard trying to get our dossier all sent off. I had it all completed last Friday. The first step was to send it to our agency and have them double check to make sure everything was right. Since Andy was in Greensboro Mon and Tues, we just decided to have him hand deliver it. I was 100% sure everything was there and right, but I guess that's why we need an agency. Apparently, Bulgaria is a stickler for everything having your full legal name - forms (which I knew), signatures, notes from the notary - everything. So, although we don't have to completely redo all of it, we do have to print out another over 100 pages worth of forms, re-sign them, re-notarize them. Then, we'll be done with stage 1. I'm still hoping I can get that done today, and then it's off to stage 2. We have to take all the documents to Raleigh to get them apostilled (authenticated). You can't make appointments anymore, but if I drop them off before 10:00 I should be able to pick them up at 4:30 on the same day. After that, finally, we'll be able to send them to Bulgaria. I'm so glad that this is the last paperwork we'll have to do for a while!

On a more positive note, we had a huge answer to pray on the financial side. Along with turning in our dossier, we are also supposed to turn in our next payment - $3,500. We didn't have it - we didn't even have a third of it. Last week we had a phone interview with an adoption grant organization. The interview went really well, and they had an amazing prayer time for us at the end. We were supposed to hear back from them in 2-3 weeks, but they called us back in 3 days and let us know that they are sending our agency $3,000 - just in time for our payment! Praise God! 

I'll leave you with two prayer request. While Andy was talking with our program coordinator this week, he found out that the timeline on our adoption is much longer now than we had anticipated. She told him that it could take up to another 2 years. I'm trying not to be too discouraged because if nothing else, I do know that we are not following Bulgaria's timeline but God's. If He has a little boy for us sooner than 2 years, He'll make it happen. I know that if He has us wait 2 years, there's a reason for it, but I'm praying that God will speed things up!!

Pray for not only our little boy, but for the other 7,000 children in Bulgarian orphanages waiting to find love. Here is a video of some of those children.  

0 comments: