Friday, May 27, 2011

For Those of You Just Dying to Know...


I didn't win anything in CA or even make it onto the Price is Right, BUT I did have a pretty incredible time! We filled every minute of every day and while every part of it was not fun (stomach bugs, long waits, getting lost, and roads closed with no detours), we definitely made a lot of memories and even managed to still be best friends by the end of the week!

In LA, we did the whole tourist bit and went down Hollywood Blvd. and Rodeo Dr. We went to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno taping where the evening's guests were Ed Helms (Andy from the Office) and Chelsea Kane (from Dancing with the Stars). The whole thing was pretty neat to see, but we didn't really make it on tv. The Price is Right was pretty exciting. The very first person they called was the girl sitting in the seat right in front of me. A little later, I thought - for just a split second - that I made it on the show. It's so loud in there when they're calling the names that you can't really hear what they are saying. To find out if you're on, they have a guy standing in the front with the name on a big poster. I heard something Johnson and then looked to the board and saw Michael Johnson. Yeah, my heart skipped a beat or two, but then it all began to sink in as I saw a big guy stand up and make his way to the front. So close! Look for me on June 8th because while I didn't get to "come on down," I did get a lot of screen time!

California is such a beautiful state. I usually don't take a lot of scenery type pictures, but I couldn't help myself there. Between the miles and miles of farmland, the gorgeous ocean, and the majestic mountains, it's a little easy to go camera crazy! One of my favorite days was when we walked around Monterey. I loved all the amazing views and thought it was pretty cool to see tons (literally!) of sea lions and seals all on the beach. It's easy to forget animals like that actually live outside of zoos and aquariums!

San Francisco is definitely not one of my favorite cities, but I did really love our Alcatraz tour. I knew very little of the history, and it was all very fascinating. I'll spare you the long history lesson, but it started out as a military base, transitioned into a prison, became occupied by Indians hoping to claim some territory as their own, and is now part of the National Park Service. The island itself is very beautiful, and San Francisco looks a lot better from a distance! 

While I love the fact that I have some amazing friends and enjoy every chance I have to spend some time with them, by the end of the week I was so ready to be back home with my sweet little family! Nothing can compare to them and the life that we have together! The time I spend away from them makes me realize all over again how blessed I am! There's no place like home!

*For more pictures click here.

0 comments: