Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Cards

Every Christmas season I look forward to the rush of "fun" mail. December is the one month of the year where the "good" mail outweighs the "bad" mail. Did you know you can learn a lot about people based on when their Christmas cards arrive? You have the overachievers: their cards will arrive precisely on December 1st! You have the Goldilocks mailers: their cards will be not too early and not too late but just right! You also have the late bloomers: their Christmas cards turn into Happy New Years updates. Finally, you have those who might send out cards every couple of years because I, I mean they, just don't get around to it every year.

Whenever they come, I enjoy getting them. My favorites are the ones with personal pictures. Have you seen the great designs you can make all with a few simple clicks on your computer?? I love these from Shutterfly! We've used them for cards and prints before, and my all-time favorite of their products is their hardback photo books like these! I love scrapbooking, but I feel so much more comfortable leaving these out for my girls to pick up and look through (not to mention that they are way faster and easier to make!). Anyway, if you are a fellow blogger, Shutterfly is offering a promotion right now to give away 50 free cards if you write a post about them and their promotion. Guess I need to narrow down my choice, and pick out my free cards to send out this year!!

P. S. (Can you do a P.S. on a blog post??) What do you do with all the Christmas cards you receive? I'm always trying to come up with a creative way to display/enjoy them through the holiday season.  

1 comments:

Lisa Call said...

I knew a lady once who would cut off the front part of Christmas cards she received and the next year, she would send those as "Christmas postcards." I thought that was pretty thrifty! More and more people send photocards, so a few years back I started a photo album that I bring out every Christmas and use as a coffee table book and I put family photo cards in there to display. It's neat to see the progression of families as their kids have grown from year to year.