Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Change

Change is not something that I enjoy. I'm the type of person who loves to order the same exact thing every time I go to a restaurant. I don't rearrange the furniture in my house. I find a good thing, and I stick with it. Sameness comforts me.

Yeah, you know where this is going. For the next several weeks, my life is going to be all about change. Changing churches, changing states, changing houses . . . and the list goes on. As much as we love our church and the friendships that we have here, as much as we thought we were here for the long haul, change is God's plan for us. Thankfully, I can say that I've reached the point where, even though I don't fully understand why, I can definitely see without a doubt that this is what God is leading and directing us to do. There are so many things that we can already see that God has orchestrated in our lives leading us up to this point before we even had a clue what was going on.

Our last week here in NC is the week of October 3 and then we'll be headed to Macon, Georgia. I don't know much about Georgia, I had never even been there before until we went for our first visit to the church. I do know that from the little bit I heard while I was there, I think that every person living there is completely obsessed with football, which I know absolutely nothing about! I think football ranks just above Nascar with me (which is at the bottom!), but who knows, maybe I'll learn to like it - or at least understand it a little! :)

Fortunately, our move will not greatly effect our adoption proceedings. There are a few paperwork type things that we'll need to change and some updating will have to be done to our homestudy, but none of it should effect our timeline at all! 

Changes and all - I'm so happy that I can honestly say that I'm excited to see what God has in store for us for the next chapter in our lives!

1 comments:

S, E, or O said...

I just had to check your blog today, thinking there would be a related post. We hated to hear that you are moving on, but we do understand why! God calls us to do things that are lead us out of our "comfort zone" but I think that is so that we don't become complacent (sp?) with an "ordinary life." It's like Clay said last night. We are have been put on this earth to tell about Him, not just in places we are comfortable. Anyway, my girls were shocked and somewhat saddened that Pastor Andy will be leaving, but they learned a great lesson when we left our "comfort zone" on the coast to come here all for Him. I think because of our move to serve Him here, they understand the reason. Our transition here was very smooth. As I look back, I am still amazed at how smooth it was, and I believe that "seamless" change was a result of the peace He gave us because we did it just for Him. I pray that your transition is just as smooth and seamless. We will miss you and your family, but we are thrilled that you are stepping out in faith to His calling. My cousin's husband is a youth pastor at a church near Atlanta--a big mega church. The Lord is working "big time" in Georgia! Many blessings to you.....