Friday, February 5, 2010

Good Old-Fashioned Fun

Remember when it wasn't a requirement for each toy to have batteries, recharge, or be plugged in? Remember when it was not necessary for every toy to light up, sing, talk, or involve something with a screen? Gosh, how old-fashioned! How did we ever have any fun or develop into the geniuses we are today? Haha! As much as I love the girls great "modern" toys that they have (I'm pretty sure I have just as much fun with them as they do), at times I find myself wishing that they had some fun, QUIET toys to play with (and wearing headphones doesn't count!) Anyway, back around Christmas, I was remembering how much fun I had with sewing cards as a kid, but I couldn't find them ANYWHERE! My searches online, instead, led me to some sites explaining how easy they are to make (why didn't I think of that in the first place?!) That idea has stayed in the back of my mind, and I finally got around to making them! Here's the finished product:

And look! Happily focused, quiet girls! (I have to admit that this creates daydreams in my head of us all working on sewing projects together...) ; )

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!!