Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Walking on Water


When the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid." Peter said to Him, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately, Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"  -Matthew 14:26-31

God brought this passage to my mind today . . . wonder why? . . . it is exactly what I needed! I know that He called us to adopt (Just like He called Peter out of the boat.) We definitely had to step out on faith (No, we didn't have $30,000 in our savings account. We did have some money saved up to begin our adoption, but as the due dates for fees have quickly rolled in, that money is now depleted - maybe a little faster than I thought or am comfortable with.) In my moments of weakness, I allow my focus to drift off of Jesus and onto the wind and waves (you know, the bills & fees). My prayer is that I will keep my eyes on Jesus and have the faith to walk on water (not worry!). I KNOW that He is there, and I KNOW that He will provide!

1 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I am right there with you! =)