Monday, July 23, 2007

Ferry Trip to Ocrocoke

The girls and I decided to take a little trip to Ocrocoke. I mainly wanted them to get the chance to ride the ferry. I knew that they would LOVE it! They had so much fun on the boat. They made me a little nervous at the edge. Who knows? The way they like to climb, I was afraid that the little rope gate would be no challenge for them to get over. (Don't worry, I scoped it out to make sure that there were no holes they could slip through and stayed right by their side!) They fed the sea gulls and toured the boat, and just had fun watching the water with the wind blowing in their hair. Once we got to the island, it started to drizzle. We drove around and checked out the island and then decided to get some ice cream while we waited for it to stop raining. We all enjoyed the ice cream, the girls thought it was a real trip to get to pick what flavor they wanted. After their snack was over, they were dancing around in the rain. It really started pouring down and thundering and lightening, so we decided to end our little adventure. We got really drenched on our dash back to the car!!





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank God for his great Gift! My family and I are on vacation in Avon NC, and are thinking of taking a ferry ride to Ocracoke. That's how I found your blog. I too am a blogger, on MyChurch.org.